9.14.2006

html-raped...

did I just use that as the title? ha ha ha ha... well anyways...

so, I recently discovered that my art blog (along with this one) wasn't showing up correctly on Internet Explorer... thanx for tellin' me kids (!)...

I hadn't noticed because I use Firefox, & it always showed up the way it was supposed to... I know not everyone has caught on to the whole Firefox thing yet, but yeah...

so then, after noticing the problem a few more times, I checked the blogger help section with any keywords I could think of at the time - but to no avail... so I sent them a message asking why my sidebar was under the blog & what I could do to correct the problem...
I got a message back with a link to the correct help article, & promptly went about fixing my art blog... & it worked...

but low & behold this morning... the one you are currently reading (or not reading, depending on the annoyance factor of the way it looks) was not only incorrect in Internet Explorer, but also in Firefox, as well (!)...
of course I then went into the mode of trying to fix the damn thing, same as the art blog, but nothin' doin'... I adjusted the images that were too big for their fields (per the help articles instructions), but as of this writing, it still looks like the blog is standing on the sidebar's head - friggin' great...

maybe I pissed-off Blogger with my insolent questioning... on the other hand, it could just be a coincidental hiccup caused by all this updated & blogger beta stuff that's goin' on...
(pssst... if you can help, this would be a good time to comment)

*ammendment - this was originally posted at jiminykrikit.blogspot.com... which should tell you that the problem didn't get resolved without me having to move again (albeit barely)... just bookmark www.gammakrikit.tk & you'll move along with me, should this ever happen again...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You mean where the sidebar's still at the side, but starts where the blog ends? Mine does that in IE too; I'm not using Blogger.

Unknown said...

yeah, sorta - only it's actually under the main content, not floating off to the side (but I've seen that elsewhere)... it's supposed to be a problem of sloppy html, but I did everything in my power to fix it (not that I'm a pro or anything)... ah, well...